For a foreigner, finding a good real estate deal in Paris is impossible without the help of a professional house-hunter, acting in a capacity similar to that of a "buyer's agent" in a US real estate transaction.
- We can highly recommend Susan and Olivier as an excellent team, to help you find your Parisian dream home, and walk you through the entire process, from initial property viewings, to the final closing "ceremony"
- They both speak perfect English, and are very able and willing to help you understand the language in the real estate documents and all the interactions.
- They know the Parisian real estate scene as only the natives and professionals can know (remember, Paris does not have MLS like the US, so there is no Zillow or such, to help you locate a property). Nobody has the time and stamina to scout hundreds or windows of local Parisian real estate agencies in search of an apartment (and some better properties may not even be in those windows ever).
- They know the process very well, again, as only professionals can know, and they are very good at walking you through it, step by step.
- If you are spending most of your time in the US, while the transaction is happening, Susan and Olivier will be your eyes and ears that you can trust as your own (or even better, since they have a professional view on things).
- We particularly appreciated that Susan and Olivier were very upfront about the process steps, the charges that are going to be incurred, and about unusual (for the US folks anyways) details of the real estate transactions in Paris. So that when we did come upon those things in due time, none of it was a surprise.
- We may sound counter to many other online and book sources on French real estate written for the US audiences, but the fact is that of the three real estate purchases that we had in our lives so far (two in the US, now one in Paris), this last one in Paris was the most smooth, the least painful, and the most enjoyable. And we are attributing a big reason for the success of it to the great team of Susan and Olivier. Thank you very much for helping us accomplish what started just as a dream, and you bridged to a wonderful reality for us!